Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Belated Birthday Dinner

Tonite, Kay and I met up with Jes for my belated birthday dinner cos she was not able to make my birthday dinner. She asked me to choose a place and since I was craving Thai, she suggested Chilli Thai Bistro or Wimaan Thai Restaurant on Broadway. I wanted to try Chilli Thai Bistro on Beach Avenue cos I had read good reviews and I've never been there for dinner. The food was pretty good and I tried a new dish (Jes suggested it cos she always orders this), a whole fish with a candle/fire to keep warm served with vermicelli/veggies and very spicy soup! We ordered a lot food and I ate more than I usually would but it's my birthday dinner so I figured it was alrite. Rhoda wasn't too impressed with the food tho and I think she had a bit of a tummy ache. After dinner, we headed over to Qoola for dessert (even tho we were stuffed and with a tummy ache) cos Kay and I hadn't tried it yet and it's suppose to be very delicious, Jes has been raving about this frozen yogurt so I had high expectations. I have to say, it was pretty yummy but I should have tried the chocolate frozen yogurt cos the plain one is just like Yogen Fruz. After Qoola, we stopped by Smiley's cos I saw the Hello Kitty sign in the window and I wanted to check out the store, I have never been it there even tho I have driven past it so many times! There was so much Hello Kitty items and so many cute little knick knacks too! Jes picked up a HK tape dispenser and stuffie sleeping in a sleeping bag / zippered pouch. So cute! It was a lovely evening with my girls and I'm so glad we got the chance to catch up! Next Wednesday, Jes wants us to take her to the Main Street Farmer's Market cos we kept talking about all the great stuff we got today!!

No comments: