Saturday, July 25, 2009

Super Hot Saturday!

Ohmygosh, it is SO HOT. I can't believe it's 26C but feels like 30!! Kay and I walked down to the Farmers' Market at Trout Lake for some fresh local produce. I picked up 10 lbs of blueberries from Beckmann Berry Farm, these blueberries are award winning! The berries were HUGE and there was a long line up for them, I'm sure it's worth it. We also picked up some more romaine lettuce, yukon gold potatoes, apricots, strawberries, spring onions and we could not leave the market without a Blackberry Hill's cinnamon bun - those are the best in the market. I also decided to pick up a membership at the Vancouver Farmers' Market cos as a member you get some benefits plus it's supporting something local and close to home. After picking up our items, we started our journey home, it seemed like a very long walk back esp carrying 10 lbs of blueberries! But once we arrived home, it was time to make up a Ceasar sald (with homemade dressing) and drink some ice cold water. It was so hot that all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and read. Kay is heading out for the nite so it is going to be nice to have the entire suite to myself!

No comments: