Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!



Happy Birthday Daddy!

My dad turned 69 this year, wow I can't believe he's celebrating a "dai" birthday next year! This year, we (my brother and I) wanted to buy him a new 32" LCD TV for his birthday but the Samsung we wanted to buy was sold out cos it was on sale at a really good price. But then, we realized neither one of us could really afford it so it was decided that next year we would buy it for his "dai" birthday and something this extravagant would be nice cos he doesn't want us to throw him a big party. My brother was suppose to order and pick up a fresh mango birthday cake but I couldn't remember the name of the bakery that my dad liked nor could I find it on google. I ended up with a fresh strawberry napoleon cake at Harvest Moon Bakery which is closely located to the Wheat Garden Bakery (which I know now) on Westminster Highway. Daddy made dinner reservations for 7pm at this place we've been to a few times on Alexandra Road (can't remember the name of the restaurant). The dishes are tasty, the lobster was super delish and at a pretty good price! After dinner, we headed home with lots of leftovers for cake and present. We didn't realize the lady had bought a birthday cake for daddy too so he had 2 birthday cakes! Daddy really liked the Sony digital photo frame (he likes anything Sony or electronic) we gave him (I guess I will get one for myself the next time it's on sale) and hopefully, he will use it! He's going on an Alaskan cruise next month so I'm sure he'll have tons of photos to display =)

No comments: