Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Grouse Grind


59 Mins 15 Secs

I love hitting the Grouse Grind in weather like today!! The rain keeps people off the trail and it cools you down as you hike up intensely trying to beat your previous time on the GG. I shaved 5 minutes off my last time and that is awesome! I took 30 second breaks at the 1/4 and 1/2 mark to drink water and catch my breath but blazed through the 3/4 mark. It was pretty slippery on the trail and I was soaking wet and so dirty once I reached the top. I should have worn a water resistant jacket cos my jacket did not dry by the time the boys came up. I had to wait 55 minutes for those boys, luckily I brought a fruit snack and some nuts. But I was sitting there for so long and started to get chills so I had to order a hot chocolate! Oh well, I will eat a salad when I get home =)

No comments: