Thursday, January 19, 2006

Update on Sony

I called the repair shop today because I could not wait any longer for them to call me on my repairs, I get this flaky receptionist who has no idea what is wrong with my Walkman®, she puts me on hold and then she finds the file, puts me on hold again. Finally, she tells me that my Walkman® is at the Sony Manufacturer and Technology Centre in Coquitlam. They are looking at it and will quote back with the problem and the cost. WTF? I could have sent it over there and I bet it would have been faster if I did it!! She is going to call me back when she finds out what is wrong with it. AAAAHHHHH... I cannot live without music!! I hate taking the public transit without my music to zone me out....

I am thinking if it costs too much to repair the Walkman®, I will have to look at purchasing a new one. I decided to check out the Sony site to see if my model was still available, maybe I could buy it at a cheaper price since this model is a couple of years old, BUT I could not find it on there!! WTF? Yessssireee, it's now obsolete, they have a new model which holds the Atrac3® files and MP3 files!! OH.MY.GAWD. I want it, it's so darn pretty!! I am so in love with the new Walkman® .... and now they have new LCD Screen technology called 4-tone organic EL Display, what is that you ask? CNN explains it here. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.... but currently you can only order this Walkman® online with a credit card. I don't have a credit card :( Well, I guess I should wait and see what the damages are on the repairs....

No comments: