Thursday, January 19, 2006

RRSPs

I am feeling so grown up :) I have finally decided to start my RRSP fund. Why you ask? Because the company I am employed with offers an awesome RRSP benefit plan. For ever dollar you put into your RRSP account, they match your contribution by 60% + variable. Yes, 60%. The variable is dependent on previous year's earnings - changes in March each year. Last year's variable contribution is 60% that means the employer contribution was 120%!! YES, 120%!!! The catch? Tthey only match up to 5% (my contribution) of your annual salary and your employment with the company has to be a year before the employer contribution applies. Yes, I am officially (not today but this month) have been with the company for a year. Wow, I cannot believe it's already been a year. It feels like it's only been a few months. Time just flies by without you realizing it. I signed a form and handed it to Rae (she's the HR assistant) and the company will start taking money off every paycheque. A little chunk of my paycheque will disppear each paycheque and it may not seem like a whole lot, every penny counts..... Well I know this is worth it and if I am really short, I can always think about withdrawing my "savings" funds from HSBC (the one my dad put away for me)......

1 comment:

Kami said...

Aw, you are a big girl now. :)