Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Happy Birthday!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAY!!

Today she turns 15 - wow, I can't believe she's 15 already! It just doesn't feel like she's 15, gosh how the years pass. Tonite, we took her out to a fancy restaurant to celebrate her 15th - she's become quite a lady and gosh, she is so beautiful :) I just love her to pieces and can't believe she's growing up so quickly!

Tonite, we took her out to Delilah's in the West End to celebrate her birthday. I wanted to book her at the Lux at Caprice but it booked up quite quickly and I missed the last reservation by mere minutes! We wanted to take her somewhere more "grown up" since she's almost grown up and I hardly ever take her out to places like this. The meal and service was moderate and the prices a bit higher than I expected. Overall the meal wasn't terrible but wasn't fantastic. The decor was pretty old school, kinda had an 1950ish jazzy feeling to it and I really wished I had gotten reservations at the Lux cos it's a bit more trendy and updated. Next year or maybe next time we head out, we'll take her somewhere nice like that. After dinner, we brought out her birthday cheesecake from Urban Fare since that is what she requested. It's a vanilla bean cheesecake with fresh berries and it is super delicious! One of the best cheesecakes ever! It was a nice night and it was so nice to spend it with our best girlfriends plus Kay was really happy and appreciative. I hope she had a really great birthday! More great photos on our flickr account, check it out!

No comments: