Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday Nite Fun with GirlFriends

Tonight I met up with Jas, RL and RL's friend at Tinseltown to catch a movie, A Mighty Heart with Angie Jolie. Before heading to Tinseltown, Jas and I headed over to Aritzia at Pacific Centre to pick up my pinstripe suit which I put on hold the day before. Aritzia is having their summer sale with discounts up 40% off on some of their seasonal fashions. I had tried on a jacket at the Robson store but they did not have my size in the pants. The PC store did and I asked the sales girl to put a hold request on the suit for tomorrow. I wanted to try both pieces on to see how it fit. Suits are hard to find and stylish comfy suits are even harder! Boy do these suits ever fit beautifully! Beautifully tailored and at a reasonable price. Reg. price for this suit is $310 but I got both at $228! Now that is something I could not pass up, every girl should have a nice tailored suit in their closet. After picking up my suit, we headed over to Robson street and had a quick bite/drink at Cactus Club. I love CC's bellinis. So yumyum esp. after a long week at work! Jas and I chit chatted and caught up on life while having chicken wings, fries and nice refreshing bellinis! We decided to make a stop in the Robson MAC boutique before heading over to Tinseltown to meet RL and friend. She picked up a lipstick and blush while I browsed through the lipstick and bronzer line. I am in need of a foundation and bronzer but not too keen on the MAC bronzers or foundation. I owned a few different pressed compacts from MAC and that didn't seem to work on me plus I broke out the last time I used the MAC pressed powder. Not good! I think I will hit Laura Mercier for foundation and Bobbi Brown for the bronzer. I have done a little bit of research online and found that although LM is a little bit expensive, she does have the best foundation on the market. Bobbi Brown has an incredible line of colours suitable for all types of women and the products are outstanding quality plus not unaffordable. I am really eyeing her new fall Stonewashed Nudes palette for the eyes! Once we arrived at Tinseltown, we picked up our movie tickets and headed for the theatre. The movie was really great and it was a bit emotional but def. worth the watch! Angie Jolie is amazing and I barely recognzied her in the role! Def. worth it.


CRITICAL CONSENSUS
Angelina Jolie conveys the full emotional range of a woman in a desperate situation in A Mighty Heart, an urgent yet tactful film about a difficult subject


SYNOPSIS
On January 23, 2002, Mariane Pearl's world changed forever. Her husband Daniel, South Asia bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal, was researching a story on shoe bomber Richard Reid. The story drew them to Karachi where a go-between had promised access to an elusive source. As Danny left for the meeting, he told Mariane he might be late for dinner. He never returned.

In the face of death, Danny's spirit of defiance and his unflinching belief in the power of journalism led Mariane to write about his disappearance, the intense effort to find him and his eventual murder in her memoir A Mighty Heart: The Brave Life and Death of My Husband Danny Pearl. Six months pregnant when the ordeal began, she was carrying a son that Danny hoped to name Adam. She wrote the book to introduce Adam to the father he would never meet. Transcending religion, race and nationality, Mariane's courageous desire to rise above the bitterness and hatred that continues to plague this post 9/11 world, serves as the purest expression of the joy of life she and Danny shared.

No comments: