Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Ok I am not one to promote street racing or crappy movies with no storyline but this movie has some sweet cars and the scenes of the city, amazing. I really want to go to Tokyo. Back to the cars, one of them being a VeliSide RX7 (at one time, I owned an older RX7 & I love these cars) so when I caught a glimpse of this modified RX7, I thought sweeet! It can't be real but yeah it is! This special show car won Best Show of 2005 in Tokyo and worth $150,000!! The custom interior alone cost $20,000. Universal Studios bought the car for $50,000 and of course that is pocket change for them which meant why not destroy the interior of the car with SPRAY PAINT!! OMG what a waste .... but the car still looks pretty sweet.....

Anyways, if you find this as interesting as I thought, you should go out and rent the movie. Do not pay good money to watch it in the theatre because I don't think it's worth it. But I would def. rent the dvd to look at all the cars and see a mini tour guide of the city. Drifting sounds somewhat interesting too. The movie is beautifully shot around the city and the cars.....


PS. The acting is not so great......

1 comment:

psychorich said...

You actually rent the movie? It is by far the worst movie I have ever seen (I caught it on TV)...