Saturday, July 22, 2006

Spending the Day with Mom

Today, I spent the afternoon with my mom and Kay. We did our usual weekly grocery shopping and picking up stuff that my mom and grandma needed. My mom came out a little earlier to meet me today because I needed her assistance in opening a savings account at HSBC. The people who work at this bank have terrible mannerism and I find it quite difficult to speak to them because it seems none of them can speak english without an accent. After speaking to one of the customer service reps, I realized I could not do it today. She stated as a courtesy, they need to contact my financial advisor at my Kingsway branch and speak to her about my transfering funds into a savings account with this branch. Goddangit, HSBC is such a pain in the @ss. I hate this bank. I never want to deal with them but they are holding my inheritance from my grandma and my father insists we deal with HSBC because he and the financial advisor have been working together for many years. Long story, short.... I have to wait a little while before hearing anything back from the Cambie branch. I think this is a pain in the ass and it is MY MONEY, I should transfer all my funds out of that bank but my father would probably have a fit. After the bank, we headed out for lunch and to Chinatown for some shopping. We didn't stay too long as it was way too hot! My mom picked up a couple of bamboo mats for her bed. She said it would help cool her down while sleeping in this heat. I was thinking, at the time, about purchasing one but I am not sure if I can sleep on it. I was hoping that it wouldn't be too hot tonight (but I was wrong). After Chinatown, mom headed home while Kay and I headed back to our place because Kay had some unfinished chores like a couple of loads of laundry. We hung out at home for a while, I did some crafting and lounging on the couch. After laundry, we headed over to mom's for dinner, mom took us to a new chinese restaurant she discovered a few days ago. I found that the food was ok, typical HK food, and the prices were pretty reasonable. The bill came up to $60.00 for 4 adults and a child which is not bad at all. After dinner, Kay and I headed over to Max's for PIE, she loves PIE. Still very warm and even now, I have no idea how we are going to sleep..... maybe we should have picked up a couple of bamboo mats for ourselves....

Tomorrow we are suppose to go berry picking out in Langley but with the temperatures as high as 35, I don't want to get sunstroke so we might have to go another weekend.....

No comments: