Sunday, July 09, 2006

Cherries!

Mom got cherries!!

She gets a whole crate (about 20 lbs) for $59.00 which seems a little expensive but in the supermarkets, they are charging about $6.99 - $7.99 / lb. Also, these cherries are plump, roundy and super juicy. Haven't had a bad one yet! Ron, who used to work with my mom, has a fruit orchard up in the Okanagan and every year, he sells my mom cases of cherries (she distributes them to her friends) and at the end of the season, sometimes he brings my mom peaches for jam. The cherries and peaches are incredible. I finally met this man who supplies my mom every year with cherries and I asked him how much is a crate of peaches and he told me $25.00!! Wow, for a whole crate, that is an awesome price, I would buy a crate if I knew how to make peach pie........(peaches can't be frozen, they don't freeze well but peach pies freezes pretty good!) or peach preserves.... last year, mom made some peach jam and it is delicious! I can't wait to have some cherries......


photos to come (maybe)....

No comments: