Tuesday, September 20, 2005

No "i" in T.E.A.M.

Our receptionist is away sick today. For days when she is sick, we do not hire a temp. Instead, the ladies in the admin on our floor take turns doing switchboard. We are all very busy and have our own things to do but when one of us is down, we help each other out. This one lady, who drives me a little bit crazy, she's not all there and she seems impossible when it comes to explaining to her details on procedures / instructions (which I seem to have to do over and over again). But the worst thing she does is moan about how busy busy busy she is! We are all busy but suck it up and do the shift like everyone else. I know she has an impossible boss to work with (he's a real arse) but whenever she needs something, one of us helps her out without a hitch. It is not like we are asking her to do the whole shift. Just SHUT UP and sit there for the hour and make the best of it. GAWD....

I ended up snapping at her this afternoon because she said it again! When I asked her about something she forgot to do with the couriers. She said, I'm sorry but I'm soooo busssssseeee.. OMG!! I said, B we are ALL busy. But we have to take our turns helping out. She had this look on her face. But I think she got my point. I should have added there is no "i" in team.

Ok enough venting....

No comments: