Tuesday, September 06, 2005

First day of school

Kay had a great first day of school. She woke up and left on time for school. She has also decided she does not want to be part of morning care which is nice, it means I will save an extra $50.00 a month. But the program now charges extra $30.00 for Professional Days! Gosh... they used to include ONE professional day per month - although it seems like they had one every month, they didn't! We will have to figure something out for those days.

Tomorrow, Kay has a full day of school and she should know by the end of the day who's class she will be in. She had an hour at school today and played all afternoon. How nice was that! The weather was perfect today for playing all day! :o)

I am almost completely over my "cold". I think by tomorrow I should be totally fine. Work was busy, not too busy but I was running around a bit. For the rest of the week, we have vendors coming to bid on some of the contracts and I know it's going to be busy. I really enjoyed the nice pace of today.

Transit to Work
On Sept. 5, they changed my bus route to accommodate the RAV line (as it's being built on Cambie Street). Fine no big deal until I realized that now I have to walk about 3 1/2 blocks on a busy street to get to the bus stop because it no longer stops on the street where I work at. It's not too bad of a walk in nice weather but once it starts to rain and gets cold, it will be a very long walk to work. I guess I could take a bus down the busy street as they are a few that go down Georgia Street. I guess I'll just have to live with it. On a good note, the bus is no longer a trolley bus but a diesel bus so it gets to my destination about 10 minutes faster. Woohoo!

1 comment:

psychorich said...

Mmm...I HATE SCHOOL!! That's all.