Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sleepless Nights


This past weekend has been really hard for me. For the past three nights, I have been restless, feeling guilty and crying many tears about our dear sweet little Ari. I really miss his companionship so much so that my mind is starting to go through all the emotions of guilt and I am replaying the last couple weeks of his life over and over. What could have I done earlier? Why didn't I take him to the vet when he wasn't himself? What if I never took him away from his first home, I'm sure the previous owners (the ladies) who had him would have notice something not quite right with him and maybe his life could have been saved. Why couldn't I have noticed earlier? Why couldn't we save his life? So many whys, maybes and what ifs. All I know is he didn't live a full life and it was indefinitely too short.

The one month anniversary is coming up in a few days and I am having a really rough time. I can't stop thinking of my little Ari and how much we loved and adored him. He was such a smart and beautiful dog, I am still so devastated by his loss, not knowing for certain if I will ever get over his death but all I know is we really miss him terribly so......

RIP Ari, forever loved and missed.....

No comments: