Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Victoria Day :)

What crazy long weekend weather we are having here in Vancouver, the temperatures on Saturday and Sunday were extreme! It was as high as 28C but feeling more like 30C. But this morning, we woke up to clouds and dampness and during the afternoon errand runs with my mom, it started to downpour on us! Gosh, I can't believe how drastic the weather changes are but at least it wasn't cold today. The rain might have brought the blues but it was def a nice warm temperature. Since mom and I did most of our grocery shopping on Saturday (BBQ night), we didn't have much to pick up except a few misc items. We headed over to Superstore to return an item and gosh it was crazy busy! People were back from their long weekend vacation and picking up the weekly groceries or stocking up their pantries? After Superstore, we headed over to LD on Victoria to pick up some stuff that I didn't find at Superstore, Dryel cos I need to dryclean a couple of my jackets and Rubbermaid Produce Savers cos I love products that can extend the freshness of my fruits or veggies! After LD, we headed over to the Victoria Chinese Supermarkets to check out the produce section and mom picked up a bag of thailand jasmine brown rice, I'm so proud of her. She is really trying hard to switch her eating habits. After our errands, we decided to head home so I could prep our dinner, I planned on cooking her dinner cos I wanted to show her the salmond can be tasty and moist. I baked the salmon at 350F with some fresh dill, salt, pepper and 1/4 of lemon for 20 minutes and bam! done and moist. She really enjoyed that with the leftover greek side salad. I think I have convinced her to eat more fish, I am trying to incorporate fish into our meals, once or twice a week! Very good for you :)

Wow, I can't believe the weekend is OVER and we are back to work tomorrow. At least it's a short week, after a long weekend it's hard to get back into the groove of getting up at 6.30am .......

No comments: