Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Xmas, Boxing & the day after....

Xmas Day

It was a crazy Xmas Day. Santa came by and dropped off a MP3 player for Kay and I got a Christian Dior Lipgloss Lmt Edition, how crazy is that? I made it on Santa's Good List ;-) Kay had a blast and got lots of goodies. She got clothes, boots, jellybean dispenser, MP3 player, Future Shop Gift Card, Nintendogs (which she has been dying to open and play), Foot Spa kit (foot soak salts, emery boards and pretty slippers), fleece wrap/blanket and silk pj's. R received Simpson memorabilia (i.e. Season 13 & 14 Guide Book, Talking Pizza Cutter with Homer, Duff Beer - playing cards in a can) and a Dunhill Business Card Holder. It was a really great day and it is nice to have him home for Xmas although he will be leaving for Taipei in one week and a day. But we enjoyed every minute of it and for dinner, we made Roast Beef and Ham ... yummy! The mess in the living room was crazy but we got Kay to clean it up, seeing as most of the wrapping paper came from her gifts :-)

Boxing Day

It was a really crazy day out there so we decided to go to the mall an hour before closing time. There wasn't much left and the one thing I really wanted to check out was Mexx because they were having their 50% off EVERYTHING in the store. I was eyeing a chocolate brown shirt with silver pinstripes but they did not put it out. I guess some items were hidden because they didn't want to mark them 1/2 off. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be.... we did find a few items at Old Navy. I found a cream lace top and a pink sweater for my brown pants with pink pinstripes. It was a quiet day for us. Being on vacation means you can stay in your pj's until whenever!

The day after....

We decided to head over to London Drugs this afternoon to see what sort of Boxing Day Sales they were having. Mainly, I wanted to see the prices of Digital Cameras because Best Buy / Future Shop were having great sales yesterday but I missed out because we did not end up in either of them. Being advertised was a Sony Digital Camera that I have been eyeing for the past 6 months and the sale price was $299.99 for Boxing Day. The sale price was only good on Boxing Day and they ended up selling out of this model. LD had it advertised for $369.98 but the sales guy gave it to me for $299.99 so now I own one! And he gave us a Memory Stick for almost half off. My old camera is from many years ago (2.1 mega pixel), it's quite heavy and the monitor is quite small so you can never really tell how your picture turned out. I love my new camera. I'm going to have so much fun testing this out, as soon as the battery is charged....

1 comment:

Kami said...

YEA on the new camera!