Thursday, December 22, 2005

Being on vacation...

Being on vacation feels like Saturday every day! It's nice to wake up when I want to wake up, lying around the couch watching all the daytime shows.

R came in yesterday at 9.30am, this was the only day, Kay & I had to wake up early so we could pick him up from the airport. Kay was so tired because she is also on holidays and she has been going to bed quite late. She napped in the car a couple of times. She hasn't taken a nap in years! It's is so cute when she is napping because she looks like an angel... awww...

Last night, I did not sleep very well at all. I think it takes a while to get used to the fact that R is back and sharing my bed. I am so used to having the bed all to MYSELF that when he is back in town, I feel like we are sleeping in a twin size bed!

Today, Kay is out shopping with a friend (she's picking up gifts for her dad) so we have the whole day to ourselves. This is nice but it also means this is the only time we have to pick out her gifts for Xmas. I hate shopping and I hate the crowds. All the last minute shoppers running around trying to pick out Xmas Gifts. Ugh...

R brought back some really nice items for me.... he didn't get around to my shopping list though. But he did bring back this beautiful handmade rug from India. He was in India a couple months ago on business and when he had a moment of free time, he went around the city looking for rugs at my request. The piece is for my bedside and it's 100% cashmere. Beautiful. And so very very soft under my feet. The next time, he's in India, I told him to bring back another rug for the living room. He also brought back some silk material to make a saree, it's very beautiful and colourful. Now, all I need to do is find someone to tailor the dress. I am sure I can find someone on Main Street to tailor it but I wonder how much it will cost......

Before he left Taipei, I sent him a text asking him to purchase a

Christian Dior Lipgloss Limited Edition from the Duty Free at the Aiport but he couldn't find what I was looking for and said I should have texted him with more details or a picture on the item I wanted. He did bring me back a lipgloss.

Overall, it was a pretty good day although it was a really rough start (early morning wake up call). We are very happy to have him back into town and will enjoy every minute while he is here. Today, we will try to spend some quality time together and enjoy the quietness of Kay being away for the few hours we have ....

No comments: