Sunday, December 04, 2005

Snowy Sunday


Gosh, it's snowing again! Wow, it's so beautiful but the traffic out there is crazy. I went over to my mom's to water the plants, check the mail and feed the lovebird. I almost made it to Metrotown to check your mail but it was snowing way too hard and I wanted to get home as soon as possible. Maybe I will check it next week.....

The weekend has been slow. Yesterday, it was really nice outside. Sunny and clear. But I had to wait at home all afternoon to wait for the delivery of my TV stand. The delivery was scheduled between 12 - 3 and they did not show up until 4.30pm!! I was choked. I couldn't believe I waste dmy whole afternoon at home!! Kay went over to Alicia's to play which was fine. I guess I could have organized or cleaned the house a bit but I was really itching to go outside. I also had to wait for V and he was stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours. Long story, something about re-routing traffic over the bridge and turning around and coming back into Vancouver. Yeah crazy. Poor guy....

V came by to put together the TV stand and half way through it, we discovered two pieces missing. We went back to Richmond to let them know and see what we could do but they did not have any in stock. Basically, sent me back to Broadway to get two pieces from a new package. But this little punk was being all anal and after much fuss and swearing, I got my two pieces but Damn, I was smoking mad. The little punk had the nerve to tell me that I should have called the 1-800 number off the instructions regarding missing pieces!!! I almost blew it.... but luckily, V was there to speak to the guy in a calmly manner and I was just fuming. V explained our situation and how we understood there were procedures blah, blah but really, customer paid a $50.00 delivery fee and still had 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Meaning, I am the Customer and if something isn't right, you should try your very best to fix it. But this guy was young and very by the books. I'm so glad that was over. By the time, we got the two missing pieces and put together the TV stand, it was almost 10.30pm. V and I could not lift the TV together, I had to ask my neighbor to help out. The TV is like 260lbs. Ugh... the next time I move, I'm hiring moving guys.....

That's about it....

1 comment:

Kami said...

Snow? No thank you. It's in the 50's here, and I'm freezing my butt off. ;)