Thursday, April 02, 2009

SIP Lounge

Tonite, Jas and I headed over to SIP lounge on Granville cos I wanted to try it out and we haven't seen each other in ages! No, not really, it's only been a couple of weeks I think but it feels like ages! Jas isn't feeling too well, she's got a cold but she took some meds and made it out. Jas managed to get off early (430) and we headed over to Granville street, omg, the construction is horrid! On some parts of Granville, there are no sidewalks and it was very dangerous to walk on. Hopefully, this construction will be done soon cos now I will not go down Granville until it is! Jas and I had a really hard time walking on the gravel, almost tripping and falling into the rubble as we headed towards the lounge. After what seemd like a long journey, we arrived and got a nice table on the right side, we decided to share a few plates as it was a bit too early for dinner but I could not drink my martinis without food. We ordered Amaretto Green Beans, Prawn and Crab Cakes and Beer Battered Fries - all so very yummy and a good size to share! I ordered a couple of drinks, a Flirtini and a Peach Blossom - super yummy altho I def preferred the Flirtini (absolut raspberri, alize red, raspberry puree and citrus). The ambiance is quite nice, the staff were great and I guess it was still early plus the construction outside made the lounge empty which means it was pretty quiet. It's a really cool place to have drinks and appy's and I would def go back! It's going to be one of my fave lounges in Vancouver I think :) It was a great evening of catching up with Jas and she was so sweet in treating me out this time! Thank you to pieces! Next one is on me and a home cooked meal or two! I wanted to take photos of the food, drinks and construction but I forgot to grab my camera this morning. Oh well, next time!

No comments: