Thursday, April 09, 2009

Lifestyle Change

Since I quit smoking, I've gained a bit of weight and its not healthy weight like muscle mass, it's FAT as in white carbs, sugar and fat. I have eaten way more cheese, bread, cupcakes and restaurant food in the past month for an entire year and that is not including the red wine and alcoholic drinks I've also had, let's just say it's all starting to stick! I haven't really added more cardio to my routine so this week, I worked much harder than any other week (swimming twice a week and nonstop for 30 mins!) and just started to run today afterwork. The sun had come out (altho I would have ran with or without the sun) by the late afternoon early evening and I ran for 30 minutes around the park plus did some toning exercises with my elastic bands and sit ups! OMG, it burned and it felt good. I think if I can keep this up, I'll be able to lose the inch and get back into my clothes! Plus I have a very pretty (and expensive) BJ dress for Jess's wedding in August that I MUST get into for her wedding.

1 comment:

Joss said...

GOOD FOR YOU!! :) I'm trying to get going on the exercising again but it's tough. My best time is first thing in the morning. (I also have a dress I need to fit into for a wedding this summer)