Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year's ...

res`o`lu`tion
- noun
1. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
2. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.

Since the beginning of the new year, I have decided to make a few changes for 2007. I guess we can call them New Year's Resolutions but I always make them and end up breaking them! I guess I would rather not put a title on these so I'll call them "2006 Carried Over Commitments"! Hahaha...

My 2006 Carried Over Commitments:

Quit Smoking - I have not had a cigarette for 5 days. I quit smoking, cold turkey and it's one of the hardest things I have done. SO VERY HARD!!! This will be my 10th attempt (the third time I've done it cold turkey). Some days are better than others but the withdrawal is messing up my body and mind. Having withdrawals from the drug is pretty crazy. But I have been trying to overcome it with another drug. CAFFEINE. I am having a couple of cups a coffee a day to help my body from the withdrawals.

Cut Down My Carbs - I've decided I would like to lose a few pounds this year. We are already on a pretty good diet but we def. eat too many carbs. For the last 5 days, all I've eaten is a huge helping of salad and a side of meat (at most 4 oz). The first two days were hell on earth. No carbs and no smokes?!?! Some people think I am being crazy trying to cut out these together but I know I can do it.

Minimize My Sugar Intake - Now I need to cut down my sugar intake. I am a huge chocoholic. I cannot control myself with sweets. If I have one, I will continue to eat until I feel sick. I know I have a problem. Hopefully I will manage to cut out most of the sugar in my daily consumption. So far, I have been pretty good, half a teaspoon of sugar in my tea / coffee, no sweets etc.

More Exercise - Ok, I have been really really bad this past year. I am going to make more of an effort to go out there and exercise. Will try to start jogging, biking and hiking again. I did pretty good over the summer with the Grouse Grind but once you stop, it is so hard to get back into a routine. But I am really going to try to be more active this year.

I think that's about it. Not too many resolutions and the ones I have listed are not too crazy and outrageous! I am sure I can accomplish all of these this year and hopefully, lose 10 or so pounds! Wish me LUCK.........


.

1 comment:

continuitygirl said...

Hey good luck keeping your resolution only made the one - to wear lipstick and so far it's been pretty easy.