Thursday, October 05, 2006

Shilo Living, Cubed Book Case

R and I just came back from Shilo Living and J&M Jewellery.

We headed over to Shilo because I forgot to return Chantale's (the girl that helped me on Saturday) call from yesterday. Last night, she called me to discuss my quote but I was on the phone and when I finished with my first phone call, I forgot to return hers. This afternoon, I decided to see her instead so that I could speak to her in person about my quote. I cannot believe how dead on she was with my book case! She drew up a diagram with the dimensions and it's pretty close to the ideal cubed book shelf that was in my head. She's really awesome! I am so excited, I cannot wait to see it when it's finished. She had given me two options, the first one being a one piece at 60" x 60" priced $550 (11" deep shelves) or two pieces to make a one piece at $440. We decided to go with the two pieces even though I really wanted it as one piece. But living in an apartment, I am afraid that I will have trouble moving the one large unit into my place. Because I placed the order today, I should be able to see it in 4 to 6 weeks (I beat the Christmas rush). Oooh how exciting! I cannot wait to see the finished product. At first, I was a little bit skeptical about Shilo because in their window, they display a range of country type furniture and I am not at all into the country style. But she knew exactly what I wanted and she knew I wanted a contemporary style unit. The unit will be in a dark stain (their darkest) and I will have 16 cubes! It will be so nice to finally have this piece in my living room so I can organize my books, dvds, and little display items onto this case. This will be a showcase piece, will post photos as soon as I get it!

At J&M, I wanted to show R the two engagement rings that I looked at and yep, I was right. He liked the more heritage/antique delicate-looking ring. He thinks the first one is too gaudy. I told him I would love to see the ring with a 3/4 carat solitaire diamond (nothing less that 1/2) but a 1 carat would be really really nice. He has until August 7, 2008 to give me the ring.... Will keep you all posted :)

2 comments:

continuitygirl said...

You'll have to post photos of the bookcase and the ring when you get them!

continuitygirl said...

Just noticed the book your reading - think i may need to check it out!