Thursday, March 08, 2007

Security

Due to the recent construction in our area, our building feels like it's a bit secluded and there isn't a lot of pedestrian or car traffic on our side of the street. I found out last week that one of the apartments on my floor got broken into through the kitchen window. Also, someone tried to break into my car a few weeks before that, not very successful in breaking into the car, just busted my passenger's side door lock. Right before, HonHon left for Taiwan, he made a comment about how he thought our kitchen / dining room windows would be easy to break into and I should get some security or speak to the manager about changing the windows. Imagine my shock when I found out that the suite on the corner got broken into through their window!!! My neighbor asked the manager to install security bars on their windows (we have the same windows) and it gives it a lot more protection plus it's a deference. I became worried because our street is now quieter and if someone was to break in, there would be no witness to see it as the sidewalk has lost the pedestrian traffic. I called my manager and asked if he could install the same bars on my neighbor's. He did it the next day! I feel so much better. I got a new sink and security bars. I don't think I will ever move out of here.

1 comment:

psychorich said...

That is so scary. Maybe you should consider installing an alarm?