Monday, August 07, 2006

Birthday Dinner at the Watermark

Today, it was a crazy hot day! Even though it was a long weekend and my birthday, I could not bring myself to go out in this heat, I probably should have gone for a bike ride or walk or something but it was just way too hot. I did leave the apartment for a bit to pick up my birthday cake from Anna's Cake House and gosh, I had no idea that the Canada Line changed the Cambie route AGAIN! Avoid Cambie street at all costs, seriously, it's so messed up. I picked up some dinner for Kay because I figured Kay would not find anything on the menu (at the Watermark) pleasing to her taste. She got some Pho and boy did it smell good and I realized how hungry I was getting (we had a light lunch). After picking up the birthday cake and Pho for Kay, we waited for Jasmine and KD to arrive. Jasmine on time as always and KD running a tad bit late. I was a nervous wreck about this party even though I wasn't throwing a huge party. Yes, it is a small group but it takes a lot of effort to arrange reservations, making sure your friends know how to get there, getting to the restaurant before your friends arrive and hoping and praying everyone will get along great! Also, I did not have a reservation because I tried booking the reservation too late and the girl on the phone told me to show up a little earlier to get a table for 10. Apparently, they are only allowed to reserve half of the restaurants in the X:30pm time slots and my slot, 6:30pm, was already taken, the next earliest reservation was 8:30pm and that is way too late!! I headed over to the restaurant a little earlier hoping to snag a table for 10. Kits beach was C.R.A.Z.Y. busy!! The parking lot and street were filled with parked cars and I had to drive around for 10 minutes to look for a spot. As I was heading back into the parking lot to drop off Jas and Kay so they could line up for a table, I lucked out and someone pulled out of a spot in the parking lot. Must have been a lucky day or the Parking Gods were watching out for me and decided to give me a parking spot. When we arrived at the Watermark, the restaurant was quite busy and it looked like we were not going to get a table for 10 as the group in front of us had a group of 8. But the hostess managed to pull a few small tables together to make a table of 10!! Yeah!! Lucked out AGAIN!! Jas, KD, Kay and I sat at the table and we had about 30 minutes before the rest of my group would be arriving so we enjoyed the view, had a couple of drinks and appy's. The menu was somewhat expensive for a "Clubhouse" style restaurant but I guess you are really paying for the view because the view was MOST AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL. As my friends started arriving, I was a little worried about how comfortable my friends would be. But everyone got along really well with each other. That was a relief, this is the first time that I have gotten all these people together. I feel very lucky to have such great people in my circle of friends, I def. felt the positive vibes given off by everyone and the love surrounding me and Kay. My birthday meal was not so bad but def. a little on the expensive and I had a glass of wine with my meal. Although the food wasn't amazing and a little overpriced, it was def. really beautiful to finish off dinner with the sun setting. I recommend going to the Watermark if you live in Vancouver maybe not for a meal but def. have a drink and soak up the view. We live in a very beautiful city and I feel very lucky to live here. After dinner, we all parted ways and it was def. a spectacular evening with wonderful people.

Included in this post are a few of my fave. photos, for more, click here.

1 comment:

continuitygirl said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Happy Belated Birthday!