Thursday, May 11, 2006

Freaky @ss Weather!!

Today, I had to stay an extra half an hour at work to finish off some paperwork on my desk because I am taking Friday off. Instead of leaving at 4:30pm, I left at 5:00 and I got caught in some strange weather! It was downpouring RAIN, yes DOWNPOUR as in floods, and hailing like the end of the world, I swear! Yet the sun is brightly shining as it has been for the last couple of weeks (Vancouver has been seeing some abnormal warm temperatures this time of the year). Being as warm as it is, the rain and hail didn't feel like ice, thank goodness! For 15 minutes (that is about how long it takes for me to walk to my bus stop on a day like today, usually it takes about 7 - 10 minutes) I was caught in this strange storm without an umbrella. I was completely soaked and I ruined a really great pair of spring/summer shoes. What an afternoon! And of course when I stepped onto my bus, this strange weather disappeared ..... argh ....

No comments: