Saturday, July 07, 2007

Shel and Kitty - Wedding and Banquet


What a beautiful day with such beautiful people! Weddings are so romantic, happy, full of love and it is so wonderful to be a part of such a beautiful celebration of loooooove :) It was a beautiful day with the sun shining it's approval on to the lovely couple!

The day started off with the wedding ceremony which I usually do not attend but I felt that Kay and I should be there for Shel and Kitty. Gosh, the wedding ceremony was long, I didn't realize that Kitty was Catholic and although we are very respectful to the religion, Kay and I did not go on our knees to pray nor did we go up for blessings. Apparently, we were lucky and it was a short wedding ceremony although I think an hour and half is quite a long time. It can get longer! Kay and I were a bit confused and we sat on the wrong side, we should have been sitting on Shel's side of the church but Kay and I ended up on Kitty's side! By the end of the ceremony, we were getting hungry and we both had to go to the washroom but did not dare go to the washroom at the church, fear of being flushed to hell! I am an atheist or a nonthesim and had denounced my religion, Anglican, many years ago which really pissed off my mother! But to be in all fairness, I do believe it is one's right to choose their religious beliefs and not be forced upon them. My mother baptized my brother and I when we were babies and we did not get a chance to explore our own religious beliefs. That's just my thoughts. I do believe there is something out there and I do believe in spirituality. Blogging off topic, back to wedding details! After the ceremony, Kay and I headed home for a bit of a break and for some food. We headed over to Oakridge to pick up a wedding card (yes me bad) and did a bit of shopping (lots of great summer stuff on sale! love sidewalk sales!). After Oakridge, we headed home to get ready for the reception which was being held at a Chinese restaurant in Richmond.

The wedding banquet was so much fun! There was so much food and lots of great speeches. We were surprised to sit so close to the wedding table (we were the second table from the front, sitting amongst family and family friends!) We had an awesome view of everything that was happening and we sat with some really cool family friends and the wedding photographers. We learned a lot about photography and boy are those professional cameras HEAVY! Weighing a ton but the shots, amazing, Kay and I got a sneak peek at some of the wedding photos taken that day! Can't wait to see the wedding album, they must have taken over 10,000 shots! Lucky Kay won the table centre pieces and each table had a couple of bottles of their own "branded" wine. By the end of the dinner, there was a really cool surprise, a dessert buffet with the most amazing desserts. Gosh, we were so stuffed but we could not help but try a piece of everything, my fave. is the chocolate cake, yum yum. After a long day and night, we called it a night, there was dancing and a live band playing but Kay and I were pooped, it was 11 o'clock and we really don't know how to ballroom dance :) It was a great night and we feel so lucky to have been part of such a beautiful thing. Thank you Shel and Kitty for letting us share this day with them!

No comments: