Monday, April 24, 2006

Nasty Virus

The Flu kind that is ...

On Wednesday night, after dinner with some friends, I started to feel a little congested and my nose started to get stuffy. Also, the back shoulder muscle pain which had been bothering me for a week started to get much worse. The following morning, Thursday, I was hit with a nasty flu virus but I still had to go into work as I had a few things to work out and at first, it didn't feel so bad. Boy, that did not last long because at noon I was pretty much sick full on and was starting to get a fever. I finished up my stuff and left for the day. I was lying on the couch or on my bed with a fever and nauseously wandering to and from the bathroom for 2 1/2 days. Kay was such a sweetie, she took very good care of me. She made sure I was hydrated with water (I was burning up all day/night) and she went to Choices Market to pick up some chicken noodle soup. She also put the soup on the stove and made sure I had a little something in my tummy even though I was not hungry. All I really wanted and needed was Advil and cough syrup. I didn't have anything for the fever but the advil kept the fever under control and my body aches not so achy. Finally, on Sunday, my fever and back pain was gone. Today, I am left with the sniffles, congestion, and a cough. But the worst has passed. Thank goodness.....

It was the worst flu I have ever had. Breathing was painful and it felt like I was dying. Apparently, I am not the only one experiencing such a terrible flu, spoken to a few different people who had it or knew someone who had it. I thought it was just me....

No comments: