Monday, April 17, 2006

Long Weekend Fun

This past weekend was full of hanging around and enjoying the three day weekend.

Friday, Kay had a lunch play date with our next door neighbor. Her little 6 year old came around to play while her mother and I caught up on life. I went over to Safeway to purchase a chicken meal for lunch. Which by the way was incredibly yummy! Better than KFC or Church's Chicken. I love CC. After the play date, Kay had to catch up on her chores, she did a load of laundry, took out the recycling, and organized the dishes. Later in the afternoon, the sun peeked out from the clouds and we decided to hit the shopping mall. Just to check out what kind of long weekend sales the stores were holding. Also, Kay need to head over to Lululemon, in Oakridge, to hem her pants. Oakridge Centre was crazy busy and after heading over to Lululemon, I ended up at Jacob, which had some big sales, I ended up purchasing two new blouses at $29.99 each! How could I resist?

Saturday, I went over to my Mom's while Kay finished up her laundry. Kay had an Easter Party to attend and at first, I didn't want to let her go but I know she is getting to the age where she doesn't really want to hang out with Mom / Grandma anymore. She's got her own life. While Kay was at her party,having tons of fun, Mom made dinner for us (Me, my Little Brother, Auntie Ingrid). She bought steak (not a traditional Easter Dinner), Caesar Salad, Scalloped Potatoes, and spaghetti. Yummy! My Brother came by with his laundry (apparently it costs him $7.00 to wash two loads of laundry). Mom didn't mind as he doesn't visit very much and he is her favorite child. But while doing his first load, he didn't notice the cloth in the laundry sink and after the rinse, he flooded my Mom's laundry room. Hahaha!! It was so funny, the look on his face, priceless. Damn, I wish I had my camera to document the evening!! Mom wasn't too mad and it was just too funny.

Sunday, Kay and I spent the day at home, organizing the kitchen (Me) and crafting (She). We did go out in the afternoon to get our groceries for the week. But it was a quiet day and very relaxing. I made fresh orange juice on my new Kitchen Aid Food Processor and I just have to say, I LOVE MY NEW FOOD PROCESSOR. I made 4-5 glasses of orange juice in about 2 minutes and it is the smoothest orange juice I have ever had. Yummy! I was suppose to make banana bread but didn't get the chance. For dinner, I made steamed pork cake with "ham dan" (salted duck eggs). That was the first time I have ever tried this recipe and it was delicious!!

That was pretty much our weekend. I cannot wait until the next long weekend, how long is that? 4 1/2 weeks away......

3 comments:

psychorich said...

It must have been nice. I can't remember when I last had a weekend like that. It's been nothing but work for me.

peachy said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend, i love having extra days off work in the uk we had a four day weekend.

continuitygirl said...

This all sounds lovely, long weekends are the best