Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Addiction....


I love handbags esp. Louis Vuitton's. Yesterday, I strolled into the LV store on Burrad street to see their latest summer colours and styles. I asked to look at both the Reade PM and Pochette Wallet in beige (my fave. colour in the Vernis collection) when the saleslady told me that my colour was being phased out and a new colour, Hazelnut, warmer tone, is replacing my beige. I almost had a stroke! She did not think she had anything left in the beige but she happened to find a beige Pochette Wallet hiding in the drawer. One left. That's it. ONE. I HAD to buy it!! After I make a purchase like this, I am on a high for a couple of hours. A natural rush. Call it pure happiness. We all have our little addictions and this is mine. When I came back to my senses I realized that R is the one who should buy it for me. YES YOU, I know YOU are reading this post. Kay usually pisses on me when she sees that little brown bag so I distracted her by giving her the Pussycat Dolls CD she has been begging for :) But TODAY (with much regret and heartbreak), I have decided that I should return it and learn to be more patient because R will buy it for me. Eventually. Besides with $790.00 ($90.00 being taxes), I could buy a lot of SHOES. ;) Surprisingly enough, R was not too shocked about my purchase when I explained to him the circumstances. (Last night, we had an emergency midweek phone call regarding this.) I am pretty good at controlling myself when strolling by or walking into the LV store. I don't know what got over me.... oh right, LAST ONE IN BEIGE.

I realize a lot of people think I am crazy in spending this amount of money on a wallet. But it's not just a wallet, it's a piece of art, it's beautifully crafted and will last a lifetime. These items are not just accessories, these are pieces that make a statement and are legendary. Some of us buy furniture, some of us travel or go on holidays or trips around the world and some of us spend our money on pieces of art. Amen.

PS. About the
Manhattan PM, I am no longer in LOVE with it, the price of this purse equals to both Reade PM and Pochette Wallet, I would rather have TWO!! :) And although, my beige is being phased out, I think the new Hazelnut is pretty nice too. I guess I just panicked at the thought of not getting the Pochette Wallet..... but I'm good. For now. ;)

2 comments:

BionicBuddha said...

Interesting blog...I may not share your obsessin with handbags...but I can appreciate your eye for detail. I also enjoyed "V is for Vendetta". It is much easier to exceed low expectations!




www.bionicbuddha.com

Crystal said...

There was a point, a couple years ago, where I was REALLY craving the LV ellipse bag (Madonna had one as did nearly every other celebrity). But sadly, I think it will be many years in the future before I can afford to have an addiction like yours.