Thursday, March 02, 2006

Worries...

Yet again, I have not been sleeping very well. I am tossing and turning, not catching a decent night sleep. I think subconsciously, my mind is full of worries and although I don’t think about these minor little things during the day (much too busy at work), once I’m in bed, lying down, my mind stops working and I have all this space in my thoughts to think about the little things that are worrying me. A week ago, at a Mexican resort, South of Cancun, a Canadian couple was murdered. I know these sort of terrible things are constantly happening around the world and even in my own city. But I can’t help but feel so insecure and worrisome about R going to Mexico City in May. He’s there for business and won’t be any longer than 2 or 3 days. But it’s the unknown city and I’m sure it will be perfectly fine but I’m still worrying.

Something else that is somewhat bothering me but I cannot prevent is Kay becoming a tweenager. I know that I cannot prevent or have any control over this matter. But I am going to moan about it anyways. This week, she and I had a couple of spats on some minor issues. At those moments, I realized I don’t see her the same way as I have; she’s no longer that little adorable little girl. She’s a growing, self-centred, smarty ass, fashionista tweenager. I’m sure this transformation will take a little while to get used to it and in my mind, she will always be my little girl (this thought comes a few minutes no more than a few, after she’s spazzed on me) ….. I guess I really just NEED a good night’s sleep. Maybe this weekend, I will get lucky!

No comments: