Thursday, October 27, 2005

Muscle Pain

Last night, I went to see my mom's massage therapist. She was awesome. Although, she could not get the shoulder pain out, she took out all kinks in my back / legs. 60 minutes of massage therapy (some of it not too comfortable - more like jabbing at my muscles) did my sore muscles some good. I think I will make an appointment once a month. She is worth it.

The doctor also suggested that I should consider taking up yoga to stretch out my muscles/joints. I told her I started running again and she stressed the importance of my stretching, apparently 5 or 10 minutes is not good enough. I'm not in my 20s anymore so apparently my body can't take the exercise without the warm up and cool down. I will look into yoga at a community centre as I find yoga classes are soooo expensive! Maybe I will get classes for both my mom and Kay and we can do this together. My mom is thinking about taking yoga as well.... we'll see....

No comments: