Wednesday, April 30, 2008

RIP Ari


(Photos will enlarge in another window)

Ari passed away this morning from a cardiac arrest. I received the call at 2:06am and although I knew it was coming, it was still very hard to accept the fact that he will no longer be with us. The doctor allowed me to come to the hospital right away to see him but advised me not to drive on my own and to get someone to drive me there. My mom was kind enough to drive me as I had called Rhoda over and over but she must have been in a deep sleep. Once I arrived, the nurse brought Ari out to me, he was nicely cleaned and wrapped up and his body was still warm. He looked as though he was just sleeping and I couldn't believe he would never lick my face again. Although I am completely heartbroken and devastated, I know that his suffering has ended and no dog (or person) should ever have to go through what he had to. Thankfully, he was not in any pain because he was heavily sedated when he passed, I knew that the condition he was in, we would not have much time left with him but I could not bring myself to put him down. We loved him with both our hearts and soul, we miss him dearly, our lives will feel empty without him but we will never ever forget the happiness and joy he brought to our lives. The last 8 months with him have been wonderful, joyous, loving, and full of life. He was our best loyal friend and his life made our life. I would not have it any other way.

WE LOVE YOU ARI.
YOUR PAW PRINTS WILL BE ETCHED INTO OUR HEARTS FOREVER.

I never knew I could hurt like this
And everyday life goes on like
"I wish I could talk to you for awhile"
"I wish I could find a way try not to cry"
As time goes by
And soon as you reach a better place
Still I'll give the whole world to see your face
And I'm right here next to you
It feels like you gone too soon
The hardest thing to do is say bye bye

Bye Bye - Mariah Carey E=MC Squared

No comments: