Sunday, December 28, 2008

Late Boxing Day Shopping

Today, I went (late) boxing day shopping with Rhoda and Jess. Jess came by to pick me up and we headed downtown, we got lucky and got a parking spot right on the corner of Alberni and Thurlow. Wow, couldn't believe how busy it still was on the 3rd day of Boxing week! I was looking for the dark blue sapphire short sleeved blouse with ruffles in the front at Aritzia and hoping it was marked down, available in my size and yes it was on sale $55 from $75 but only one left and it was much too large. I did find another item that I had my eye on but didn't think it was going to be on sale, a Delphine 3/4 length black dress with cute mini ruffles in the front neckline, on sale for $60. I don't have a little black dress and I guess this could be it :) Rhoda and Jess wanted to go over to MAC Cosmetics and both picked up a few items, both bought an item from their new collection Dame Edna. Very cute and pretty make up! I didn't need any more make up, I have quite a collection at home! We didn't shop for very long, probably only about 1 1/2 hours and it didn't seem liked I picked up that many items but in the end, I spent quite a bit of money. Before calling it an end, our last stop was the Gucci boutique at Hotel Vancouver to see what they had on sale and there wasn't much left. I am looking for a new make up bag for my purse and I am thinking I might get one from Gucci. As we made our way back to the car, we did a quick stop at the Betsey Johnson boutique and that is where I spent the most money. I picked up a really nice black handbag by Bestey Johnson for only $219 and a beautifully tailored denim blazer (I don't own one) for $150!! I don't own any BJ items and I have been looking for a black handbag for quite some time so I thought what a great buy! The handbag was originally priced at $340 and the denim jacket $320. I had a great Boxing Day shopping and I really didn't think I would end up with ANYthing!! After shopping, Rhoda and I headed to Richmond cos Jess had to eat Xmas dinner with B's family and we were gonna wait for her so she could go home with Rhoda. Rhoda and I were not quite hungry yet so we did a bit more shopping at Daiso, Shoppers Drug Mart and then we headed over to a Congee Wonton House and I ordered the same dish I always order (Beef brisket and wontons with rice noodles) while we waited for Jess. We were almost finished when Jess was dropped off and we decided to go to LD so she could pick up a few gifts for a friend and we were in the beauty department for some time cos we love beauty products. After that, it was time to go home since Rhoda had to work on Monday and Jess was leaving for Jamaica on Tuesday! Lucky girl, she's spending the new years in Jamaica!! As always, it's so nice to spend the day with the girls!

1 comment:

psychorich said...

I see that your appetite for shopping has returned. Not sure if this is a good thing or not though.