Thursday, June 22, 2006

Since you've been gone.....

4 days ago, R left Vancouver to head back work in Taipei, Taiwan.

Sunday – R's flight was at noon that meant he missed most of Father's Day. But on Saturday, I made him Brunch and we went out to Dem Bones for dinner. In the morning, R almost missed his flight because the alarm did not go off (my fault, I might have subconsciously decided not to turn it on) and we woke up at 10am, the time he was supposed to be at the airport. When we finally made it to the airport, R realized at the check in counter that he had forgotten his wallet! OMG.... I had to fedex the wallet on Monday.

Being Father's Day, I took the other man in my life, my Dad, out for dinner. We went to an All You Can Eat Korean BBQ in Richmond. I see my Dad once every few weeks so we may catch up on each other's lives. This August or September, Dad is thinking about heading back to Hong Kong, he will stay until after Chinese New Year (February). This is probably his last trip, the flights are way too long for him and my aunts drive him nuts.

Monday morning, Kay woke up from a freaky nightmare; she has one each time R leaves town. Anxiety from having her father to not having him around. Kay and I fell asleep a little earlier than our usual time (R messed up our sleeping schedule) but waking up on Monday morning, I still felt very tired and totally wornout. (trying to catch up on 80 hours of sleep!!) At work, I was trying to get back into my routine but it was really hard because I am still in a “vacation” mode. I had a ton of stuff to catch up on. I don't know how some of these guys can take 3 weeks off!! I was gone 7 working days and I have only caught up to my stuff yesterday. Monday night, we sorted headed to bed early but I didn’t really fall asleep right away and we still woke up feeling really tired on Tuesday.

Tuesday – was suppose to go over to Cassie’s for dinner but ended up cancelling last minute. Cassie’s co worker is on vacation and they are short staffed so she ended up staying late. We have postponed this dinner at a later date. I took a nap after dinner, big mistake – didn’t fall asleep until 11ish. I went out to buy Nelly Furtado’s new albumn. I am loving it.

Wednesday – Yipeeee!! First day of summer and also the longest day of the year J We headed out for a bike ride after dinner. From Cambie & 20th (home) to Main & 14th (COBS Bakery for fresh bread) to Cambie & 16th (Safeway for strawberries) back to Cambie & 20th. About an hour worth of riding. It was really nice out and a lot of people were out biking, skateboarding, rollerblading and jogging/running. My friend, Karen, came out for a coffee and we chatted about stuff. I didn’t get home until almost 11 and went to bed around midnight, bad me….


And it's not a wonder why I am yawning and feeling so tired. Waking up around 6am to get my butt ready for work but going to bed at midnight is something I know my body cannot handle, I am not as young as I used to be. I will have to go to bed earlier tonight. Tonight, I am going for a walk around the neighborhood with my very dear friend Robyn and her cute little adorable Leo ..... shouldn't be too long......

1 comment:

psychorich said...

I can't believe I am missing out the best season in Vancouver. Instead, I came to Taipei just in time for the worst season here - it has been somewhere between 33°C (86°F) to 35°C (95°F), humid, with no breeze at all. It will get hotter in July and August, possibly reaching 38°C (100°F)!!

I haven't used my air-conditioner at home yet, but I think I will have to use it soon. Can't stand it anymore. :(

*sigh*...