Friday, November 04, 2005

Busy Week

It has been a crazy and hectic work week. I have been so busy these last couple of days, I'm so happy because it's FRIDAY!

Last night, Kay and I went over to R's for dinner. We had pizza and veggies, sat on the couch watching the girls play and we caught up on stuff. Wow, lots of things are going on that we had no idea of. We live right next to each other and haven't seen each other in almost two months! Yikes! K will be "laid off" in a year and he is now looking for work while finishing up on this project he is working with (they are not giving him a severance, he's been with this company for 11 years). He is working for free practically because he is suppose to be paid out 11 months but is working instead. There is not a lot of work for software engineers in Vancouver. Esp. the expertise he is in. He works with air navigation programs and would like to stay in this field, he's got 11 years! Work like this is more available in Ottawa but R doesn't want to move, that would be a really last decision they would make. I hope he finds something.... I bet it doesn't help with our rent going up in January. I am hoping for them.....


I am thinking about moving as it's getting quite expensive to live here. Although, we are in a building that charges the best rent rates, it's still so expensive. I am thinking about moving into my mom's basement suite but only if she will lower the rent to $500, I mean really it's so tiny, I can't believe she gets people in there with her rent. We'll see... ok back to work! Make the money to pay the RENT bills....

No comments: