Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Zin Restaurant & Lounge

Tonight, I met up with my cousin for dinner as we haven't seen each other in about a year and we thought it was time to catch up on each other's lives. It's amazing how fast time flies when everyone is busy but hopefully, we will not leave our next outing until a year later! We decided to have a "Dine Out" at Zin Restaurant on Robson street, I made reservations for 5:30pm and when I went in, the restaurant was completely empty, I guess no one really starts dinner that early but I'm an early diner! My cousin and I both work downtown so we decided something within downtown would be easier. We ordered off the Dine Out Menu (which wasn't that impressive) and ordered a couple of drinks while we waited for the food. We caught up a bit on what's going on and my little cousin (her little sister) is engaged! Wow, I can't believe how grown up she is! To me, I still remember her being 12. That's exciting news. My cousin and her partner loves to travel so she was telling me about the trips they've made and it sounds like so much fun, altho I'm not much of a traveller. Our appy arrived first, she ordered the salad and I had the soup, the entire meal was not at all impressive, my soup was so small, about 5 tablespoons and her salad was tiny, just a few pieces of leaves and a walnut or two. The soup didn't really taste like apple squash, mostly squash and her salad, just like a salad that you can easily make at home. Our entrees arrived, we both ordered the risotto with halibut. Oh my gosh! Our risotto was uncooked and the halibut was tiny! It wasn't very flavourful and did not taste great. The desert, blah. Overall, it was a terrible Dine Out and I do not ever recommend Zin ever!

No comments: