Sunday, December 09, 2007

Busy Busy Weekend!

Gosh another weekend of shopping! Household shopping that is. We were all over the place today. After lunch, I headed over to Rhoda's to help her finish the last bit of cleaning at her house, we've been cleaning out her house for the last couple of weeks cos she's having her b'day at her place, it's going to be a potluck party. After a bit of cleaning, we decided to take a break and head out to shop. First stop was IKEA to pick up some stuff, I ended up picking a few items up, over to Superstore to pick up some more household items and I ended up with an under the bed storage plastic case (great for storing shoes!). We then decided to head over to Metrotown to do a bit more shopping, we wanted to check out Home Outfitters for a shoe rack but the shoe rack wasn't as nice as it looked in the ad and it was a bit costly. We decided to try Zellers for shoe storage and I found a couple of shoe racks on sale for 50% off! What a deal!! I also picked up some Rubbermaid storage cubes for Kay's room to store all her crap! After shopping, we met up with Kay cos she was already at Metro with her friends. She had a babysitting job so we drove her home to pick up her stuff and headed over to McD's to pick up some dinner for her. After dropping her off at the sitter's, we decided to come back to my place and put together my shoe racks, wow, they actually fit quite a bit of shoes! It doesn't seem like I have THAT MANY PAIRS of shoes after putting them on the shoe rack and putting the "summer/spring" shoes in the plastic storage case. After that, we decided it was time for dinner so we headed back to Burnaby to try this new Thai place on Kingsway (new to me cos I've never been) and it was pretty authentic and yummy! Must bring HonHon there to try since we'll be spending a bit of time in Burnaby while he's visiting Vancouver. After dinner, we headed back to Rhoda's to finish cleaning her room and boy, does she ever have a ton of clothes!! I can't believe how much she can cram in that small bedroom closet of hers! Well her place is now ready for her house party next Saturday, I can't wait to see her black Xmas tree with all the ornaments!

1 comment:

psychorich said...

Authentic food is great! I had a lot of Thai food while I was in Thailand, and it was nothing like what I had when I was in Vancouver.