Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Thanksgiving Long Weekend


HAPPY THANKSGIVING! (or belated)

Love the three day weekend, these are the best weekends besides vacation weekends! Too bad the weather wasn't so nice. I had quite a few boxes / items to move to my storage and to my new place. Gosh, there is so much more to pack and so much stuff to go through, it seems like a never ending job. Just looking at Kay's room is giving me a headache! She collects stuff and doesn't know how to throw things away!! But she's got a couple more weeks to go and if she doesn't pack up her room, her father and I have decided 3 days before the move, it's going in garbage bags and to the dumpster. So now, I've decided not to worry about it too much coz it seems that I will get most of my packing and storing is done by the end of the week. All I need to do now is make sure I can get rid of all the furniture that is not worth storing.

Saturday, Jas came by to help me pack up and move my boxes over to my dad's for storage. The weather wasn't too nice but it was not pouring rain. We manage to move a few boxes over and since we were in Richmond and had some time, we decided to stop over at Winners to check out their deals. We were planning to visit Meryl and Vince and have dinner at the Roti Grill in the night market but we were starting to get hungry so we decided to share a BBQ pork with rice between us at No. 9 restaurant. This weekend is the last weekend for the Richmond nightmarket and we both decided to pay one last visit to the Roti Grill before it's closed for the season. The rain started to come down pretty hard by 7.00pm and when we got to the night market, gosh it was pretty much empty! Only 40 stalls opened that night and the crowd def. hardcore nightmarket fans! It was super windy, wet and freezing and I can see why so many vendors bailed out. Brrr... but the beef/chicken pita Vince and Meryl made for us was well worth the trip! Hopefully, the two of them will carry on the Roti Grill and open a little stall in the near future. Out of all the food vendors, their stall was the busiest one at the night market!!

Sunday, most of the day consisted of packing and cleaning out Kay's dresser / bookcase (I've put these items up for sale on Craigslist) and gosh does she ever have a ton of junk! I don't even know where to begin with her, I even banned her from going onto the computer until she started to clean and pack up her room. The weather wasn't very nice, it was pouring rain and it didn't look like I was going to be able move any of my boxes over to my new place or to my dad's but luckily for us, the weather cleared up by late afternoon. I dropped off some boxes over to my new place and visited with my grandma. We decided to have dinner out tomorrow night coz there was only going to be the 4 of us, mom being in HK and my brother in Mexico. After visiting with my grams, I headed back to the apartment to check on Kay and see how much she got done. I checked my email and got a ton of emails on Kay's white dresser! Yep, it got sold right away. Wow! After we sold the dresser, we decided to head over to my dad's place to store some of my boxes and see if he wanted to go out for dinner. To our surprise, my dad was doing a friend a favour by babysitting their 10 year old daughter. She looked shocked and confused to see us when we busted through the door (I have a key to my dad's place) but after my dad explained to her, it was all good and she remembered who we were. They already had dinner earlier but dad decided to come out with us anyways. We planned on eating at the Shanghai restaurant on No. 3 road but it was super busy. We would have been standing there waiting for a table for quite a while so we decided to hit a HK cafe instead. Food is not so great but the set meals are reasonably priced. Although I was not impressed on how long I had to wait! We waited 45 minutes for our meals, that is ridiculous! Their lateness caused Kay and I to miss the first 10 minutes of Brothers & Sisters!! Plus we had to go pee!! We did not use the washroom before we left, our mistake, and ended having to wait an extra 10 minutes coz my father dropped off the little girl back to her parents. OMG, we were ready to exploded!! Luckily, we both made it home in time :)

Monday, we packed up some more items and lucky for us, the weather was super nice which meant we could move some more boxes without getting soaked! Before going over to my mom's, we had a bit of time and decided to go over to HonHon's condo to check his mail and to recycle our paper/containers (Vancouver is still on strike which totally sucks!). We also made a quick stop to Safeway to pick up some milk / fruit for grams and then over to Petcetera for Ari. After wandering around, we decided we better head over to grams place so we could unload the bug. While we were there, I unpacked and put away some items before heading upstairs to visit grams. We had Thanksgiving dinner plans for 6.30pm at White Spot with Auntie Ingrid, grams, myself and Kay coz mom was in HK and my brother was in Mexico for the week. No one to cook us turkey :( Would you believe that the restaurant was super packed! Gosh, I didn't realize some many people were not celebrating Thanksgiving at home! Since it was a packed restaurant, we waited almost 45 minutes for our meals! Thank goodness, Kay and I had a snack before leaving the house (instant noodles, haven't had those in a long time!). After dinner, Kay and I headed home and Auntie Ingrid drove grams home, it was a quiet but lovely Thanksgiving dinner with family. It's also good to have grams out of the house since she's been home every single day since mom left for HK. Gosh these long weekends go by fast, back to work tomorrow!

No comments: