Friday, October 19, 2007

Dinner with Dad et al


Tonight, we went out for dinner with my dad cos he is leaving for HK the following Friday so he decided he wanted to get everyone together. We went to this Chinese Seafood Restaurant in Richmond and the food wasn't all that great. I think he ordered a set meal and the only thing I liked really was the seasonal veggies. Another reason for dinner beside getting us all together was to thank Tom (my brother's real estate agent friend) who is selling the condo without charging his commission. Also for all the hard work he has put in trying to sell it. There were a couple of opportunties but the buyers backed out which means the condo is still on the market. It is def. harder to sell a condo in the fall/winter.

Overall, it was an interesting night for both sides of the table. One side being my father, Tom@ss (his friend), a lady (Tom@ss's mistress) and a girl (lady's daughter, the other side being, myself, Kay, Tom (Warren's friend) and my brother, Warren. Our table had two separate conversations going cos my brother and I cannot stand Thomas, my dad's friend. The only person talking in both conversations was my father. It was a terrible and icky night with the downpour of rain but being the good kids that we are, we made it out even in the very cold and wet weather. I have to say, it's nice to see my dad not so stressed out and enjoying his food and company. Gonna miss my dad when he leaves but he'll have a ton of fun in HK.

No comments: