Monday, September 01, 2008

Long Weekend

Wow, I can't believe it's already September! The summer has gone by so fast and we didn't really get much of a nice and hot summer! Kay is back to school tomorrow (only for an hour) and I am sure I will have to write at least one cheque for school "fees". Canadian education is suppose to be FREE and covered by the government and the taxes we pay. But somehow the school board manages to take more money from the parent's pockets! Back in my day, there was no fees for anything! Oh well, enough ranting.....
Over the long weekend, we didn't really do too much, mostly relaxed and did stuff around the house. Kay helped my mom finish up the gardening and I did some errands and chores. It's nice to stay home over the long weekend to just relax and catch up on household chores. I guess the reality for some (Kay and my mom) is that they are back to school and work on Tuesday but for me, it's a long weekend! Woohoo! I will have a busy Tuesday though, we have a proposal due on the Wednesday and our deadline to complete the proposal is 4pm on Tuesday!! We haven't even started printing off any of the items in this document cos the managers/directors are still working on it. But I'm sure we will be fine and everything will work out.
The most exciting thing I did over the weekend is I finally got a hair cut. Lisa (Jess's hairstylist) did a lovely cut and style by removing the dyed out ends (I had a colour a couple of years ago) and she made my normally heavy and thick hair a face lift by giving me multiple layers through my hair. The length is still there but it's much lighter and easier to manage. At first, I wasn't so sure about this cut cos I noticed there was a lot of hair on the bathroom floor but I think I will get used to it and I always feel this way when I get my hair cut! Kay really liked it and she said it doesn't even look like I cut that much off due to the length. I really liked how Lisa cut and styled my hair, she has a very fun and easy going personality plus she's not at all over priced! She works from home so it cuts the cost down and she only charged me a 20! I think I will take Kay there for her next cut cos Kay hasn't been happy with any of the stylists that she has gone to, they always seem to cut off a chunk of Kay's hair in a place that is quite visible!
That is pretty much it. A quiet and relaxing weekend......

No comments: