Sunday, August 28, 2005

Rain in Vancity

Rain rain go away come again another day .... PLEASE .... Vancity was short on the summer days.... aah who am I kidding??

Today was a good day. I went to Shanghai "Something" in Richmond for dim sum and it was pretty good. And reasonably priced. We were suppose to go to Sun Sui Wah but they did not open until 10am and Mom/Aunt C were early. Of course, Kay and I were running late. Gosh, it was 10 to 9 when she called us. ONE bathroom between us. No way we were leaving the house within the hour :o) Every time, Aunt C is in town (she's from Alaska y'know), she must do the following things:
  • eat as much Asian food as she can
  • play mahjong for HOURS every nite she is here
  • shop, shop, shop especially in all the Chinese malls
  • go to at least one yard sale / flea market / pawn shop (her hobby)

Did I mention she needs to eat Asian every meal? She's so much fun though. And her granddaughter is the most precious little girl. Next summer, we may go to Alaska for a visit and do some fishing. My mom went up for a visit last week and they brought back lots of yummy things for us. Mmmm.... Deer sausage and halibut fillets.... yummy!

After all that talk about fishing and seafood, Kay and I had to stop over to Superstore to pick up some frozen fish. I know it's not the same but hey, it's as close as I get to fishing in the ocean. I could not believe the crowd at Superstore. It was crazy busy in there, as if we, Vancouverites were getting ready for a hurricane or snowstorm. And why is it that it's always sooooo bright in those darn supermarkets??

Finished with the shopping and stopped by my father's new condo. Reasonably clean and at a convenient location. But I'm not so sure I would ever ever live in Richmond but I guess it's suitable for my father. With his friends out there and being semi-retired. I think he will be happier there. Of course, my father has been in the condo for 6 days now and only two boxes are unpacked. He said ah, no rush. But I cannot stand boxes in my place. Whenever I move, everything gets unpacked within the day! Yeah, I'm a freak.... all I really have to say is, I don't like the area he is in but I guess it does not matter as long as my father is happy. And he seems to be.

We had an early dinner at some HK Cafe and it was edible. Uncle T, came out for dinner cuz apparently he had nothing to do and he was trying to hide from his wife. He quit his job again (or did he get fired? I think he got fired) and he kept calling my dad to come out to eat. The man is like a woman I tell you. He bitches like one, acts like a girl when people are running late, gossips like a girly girl and sometimes I swear, he acts like my father's girlfriend instead a his best friend! Uncle T bugs me sometimes. I think he can be a real arse sometimes, ok lemme take that back... many times.

Well it's getting close to the end of the day. Kay is doing her chores - yes now, it's getting a little late and I'm not sure she's going to make the deadline which means she forfeits her allowance. Her own decision to do it so late into the weekend. I should have tidy the house but now I'm tired and I still have to separate the meat I bought. I think I'm going to sit back and watch the MTV awards (not by choice, Kay already marked it on the calendar so I have no choice) and relax with a cup of tea.

Hope the weather will be nicer tomorrow as I think we deserve it :o)

No comments: