Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Jobs in Taipei

I'm surfing the site to see what sort of jobs are available in Taipei as Rich was saying maybe I should be a housewife. Uh, no.... I could adjust living in Taipei but I would have to work! So I found this link:

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/classified/career_taipei.asp

And I can't believe you need a BA to teach English! Of course, I'm sure it would be good to have one but you really need one? Plus I can't believe the starting salary for one position is $65K and that's USD! Wow....I'm in the wrong field... but of course the catch is you need to be under 35 - what is up with that??

Well I guess I could try to look on exphat sites for work. I think Intel or another techy company were advertising jobs in their Taipei offices. And if I can't find anything, I guess I could do volunteer work.

I should really be cleaning the house tonight as Marie is finally coming OVER for a visit! I can't believe it, can't wait to hear all about her trip to Paris and catch up on her life. She's got so much draMAH happening! Plus I got to give her the scoops on my current life. Hehehee... we are going to kick back and sit on the couch and BLAB BLAB BLAB away the nite.

Kay is at her friend's, Lucia, for a sleepover for the next few days. She actually did quite well being on her own yesterday. Of course, I'm the BIG worry wart. She did alrite. I'm so proud of her. She's growing up so fast, it's crazy. I can't believe it. But she's a good girl, with a good head on her shoulders.

Raining outside, blah, all day. And no sun. Just clouds. It's getting dark at 8:30 now. But it's been pretty gloomy all day.

Work was stressful. Not that I get stressed out much but when my project director is stressed, I try to stay out of his way. There were some issues with shipments and contract breaching. I was running around making sure notices/letters got sent out and by registered mail. Who does register mail nowadays? But apparently, it's in the contract with the client. They must be a hundred years old. It might be a few dollars cheaper, but it takes 3 to 4 days extra and I have to literally go to the Post Office. Luckily I beat the rush, as soon as I got to the cashier, there were 10 people behind me!! What a day!

Well going to start my house cleaning.

LIFE is sweet.

No comments: