Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Swimming Lessons!

Tonite I started my first swimming lesson in Aqua Adult at Bonsor Community Centre. I was excited but nervous about this class but it turned out really great! I'm glad to know I am not the only adult out there who can't swim properly. It is also good to learn the basics all over again as in why we need to put our head in the water and how to balance our body in the water. Altho I am more advanced than the others in the class, it is good practice at fighting my fear and having my head into the water. It's a 45 minute class but it went by quickly, we learned two steps which is floating on our front and floating on our back with flotation devices of course, thank goodness for those kickboards! Altho by the middle of the class, I did not use them cos I am quite comfortable in floating on both sides. Can't wait to learn more and learn the front crawl, this will be a challenge!

No comments: