Saturday, April 24, 2010

Time with Bebe & Charity Event

Today, Kay and I spent a momma and baby day! She helped me with groceries, we were suppose to get up early for the last Winter's Market but she didn't get up til almost noon and the weather terrible, wet, rainy and freezing cold! We ended up heading over to Superstore and Save On Foods, I'm very disappointed with the limited selection of organics at both of these places! Yikes! I think I will need to check out the Pro Organics on Saturday, many years ago, this distributor opened their doors to the public on Saturday only from 9am to 2pm. I am also excited for the Vancouver Farmer's Market which will open for the season in 2 weeks!!! Wednesday at Main Street Skytrain and Saturday at Trout Lake Community Centre! I did some searching and there is a Burnaby Farmer's Market known as Artisan Farmers Market which starts on the first Saturday of May but I don't think this market will be as large as the Trout Lake Market but I will try to head over to the opening to see the selection of vendors and availability of my fave summer vegetables! Kay and I headed out to do some grocery shopping for our fruits, veggies and stuff for the week. Once we were done grocery shopping, we stopped by Bubble World to pick up a couple of BBTs to go as we were heading into Richmond Centre and we hadn't eaten lunch yet but we didn't want to be too full for the charity dinner. We had a bit of time before the dinner so we headed over to RC so I could finally pick up my TNA Canada wool intarsia sweater which finally arrived at Aritzia after I had been waiting for almost 2 months! I had to pre-order/pay for it in February cos it is a limited item and only available one time, I am excited and cannot wait to wear it! Esp when I travel cos it clearly shows "I. A.M. C.A.N.A.D.I.A.N" :) We met up Tashna and Laurie before the charity event cos we invited them to join us for dinner which was held at Legends. This charity event was being thrown by Josh for his Ecuador trip next month. All proceeds for this charity event go directly to the supply fund for the homes that the group will be building for the kids that need it. His group will be leaving in the first week of May and will be gone for 5 weeks which they will have to use their own money to pay for the trip expenses. We are so proud and will support all his charity events for this cause! I can't wait to hear and see the photos of his trip. What an awesome thing to do! After dinner, I headed home cos I was tired but Kay decided to head out with her friends for bubble tea (yea again!) before she called it a night.

No comments: