Thursday, June 10, 2010

Frontcrawl & Backcrawl

OHMYGAWSH! I finally managed the side float without a kick board! I'm so happy and proud of myself! At first, I was using it but trying not to grab it instead pushing the board away from me as I did the front crawl and barely touching it while on my side. I can't believe it, I'm so happy to finally not have to depend on the board. I think I will get a lot more practice on this move this coming Saturday. I was really happy with my improvement and the sub instructor noticed how advanced I was so she asked me to move from the shallow water over to the deeper end of the pool. What an improvement! I guess my arms are too long for the shallow end so I kept hitting my hands on the bottom of the pool which may have caused me to lose balance on my crawl. But after practicing in the deeper end, it really made the difference! We also learned a new item, the back crawl which is much harder than it sounds! Balancing on my back is one of my best skills but trying to move the arms back and forth in opposite directions is HARD! But I'm sure I will get this move in no time as long as I practice, I'm so excited!! I'm really learning to SWIM :)

No comments: