Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Deep End!

Tonite's swimming lesson ended with a BIG SPLASH in the deep end of the pool! We had a great class and we are starting to learn the front crawl which is very exciting! I am hoping to float on my side without the kick board altho I am having problems doing so right now. Also I am trying to blow the bubbles out of my mouth instead of my nose since I have to open my mouth when I do my side float to suck in fresh air before dunking my head back into the water. Right now I'm trying to get as much practice as I can, I realized in the previous class that I am tensing my shoulders and having too many things to think about as I'm doing the side float! Like blow, kick, arms moving forward, side turn, kick harder, BREATHE!!! Hahahaha, oh well it'll probably take me years of practice before I'm really comfortable and smooth but right now the goal is to manage the front crawl without sinking on my side! Before ending our class, the instructor made each one of us jump into the deep end as she wanted us to get comfortable with the idea of it. Of course, we all wore life jackets and there were a few of us that managed to jump in right away while others had to take their time and did not make quite a splash, another option to jumping in was to get in off the ledge. I was so excited in fact that I started to bounce up in down in my life jacket hoping to catch a glimpse of HOW DEEP the water was! My instructor was impressed that I was so excited to be in the deep end and let me tell you, it was super deep and a bit scary! But it's so much fun and I'm so glad that I decided to take swimming classes. I'm enjoying my classes and swimming so much more than hot yoga! Luckily, I have quite a couple of intense swimmer friends so if I ever feel lonely in my own pool, I can have a "swimming" gathering! :)

No comments: