Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Asian Dragon with Cherry Blossoms Part 1



Wow, what a session! Mica (an amazing and super talented artist) sketched a freestyle dragon with cherry blossoms on my back and at first, I wasn't sure about the sketch but as soon as she inked the outline, I was in love! I didn't realize how long this session would be since she had only drawn the outline and in hours 2 - 3, she started adding details like scales and shadowing on the design. After 4 hours in 30C temperatures (but I'm pretty sure it was 35 or 40 outside!) and with my period arriving the very same afternoon, I could no longer lie there finishing off the piece! I was hoping to do it in one session but with so many details, I could not go on and my face was starting to look pale as most of my blood had been removed from my body! It was an amazing experience and with the pain, I manage to breathe and concentrate on the beautiful painting in the room. Yoga has def helped me with this since I manage to block out and sit through the strenuous pain I was feeling as she added the scales on the dragon! I am very happy and grateful to have Kay with me during this experience as forever bonded us and made us stronger as a unit. She even pushed her shift 2 hours ahead so she could stay with me until I finished the session cos she wanted to be here for me. Also, wanted to make sure I got home alright. I love her to pieces and without her, I don't know how I would survive. I'm really happy to finally get this done (it's been a 10 year process) and I can't wait until Mica adds the colour and finishes off the little details! So Exciting!

No comments: